Current Job Openings
Veterinary Technician - Part Time/Full Time - Morton Grove, IL
In this position, you will join a veterinary team that provides vaccinations, veterinary services, and high quality, high-volume spay and neuter surgeries for public clients, adoption program animals, and other shelters/rescues. Applicants must be available on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Perform basic medical care including but not limited to: wrapping wounds, blood draws, medicating, vaccinating, nail trimming, SQ fluids, grooming needs, anal gland expression and microchipping under the direction of staff Veterinarian and in accordance with Spay and Neuter SOPs.
- Have basic technical skills associated with anesthesia and surgical procedures: proper instrument use, sterile technique and surgical induction/recovery.
- Assist in monitoring patients during surgery and post-surgery.
- Assist in high volume vaccination and wellness clinics.
- Assist with the daily medical care of shelter pets.
- Responsible for maintaining the control substance logs.
- Actively promote spay and neuter and educate clients on responsible animal ownership.
- Perform daily cleaning of kennels, cages, surgery room and other work spaces.
- Stocking supplies and assisting with inventory.
- Preparing surgical packs and cleaning surgical equipment.
- Maintain patient medical records in database.
- Work and interact with volunteers and visitors to include, but not limited to: training, assigning work, answering questions, promoting Wright-Way Rescue's mission and assisting with their general needs.
- Reconcile daily monetary transactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Two years experience as a Veterinary Technician or have a Certified Veterinary Technician degree. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working as a Veterinary Technician in a high volume spay/neuter clinic or shelter environment.
- Have a working knowledge of common medical terminology, transcription, and data entry.
- Experienced in safe animal handling and restraining for pets.
- Work with a positive outlook, upbeat, energetic and will take initiative. Represent the clinic in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service via phone, email and in person.
- Must be comfortable and able to handle dogs and cats, including those with health concerns/conditions as well as behavior conditions and feral cats. Be comfortable dealing with sick and injured cases.
- Ability to make sound judgments and work independently in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Requires continual attention to detail.
- Possess the desire to further one's knowledge of technician skills.
- Professionally advocate Wright-Way Rescue's position on issues.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment with all clinic staff.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, email, Google Apps; as well as vet software and client databases.
- Must be able to routinely lift 50-75 pounds.
- Must be physically able to perform strenuous physical activity on a daily basis including but not limited to: lifting, carrying, reaching, climbing ladders, stooping, squatting, cleaning and bending.
- Effectively handle all species of animals with a variety of temperaments, varying in size and weights.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while performing work requiring concentration and manual dexterity.
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule, may include weekend, nights and holiday work.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
Animal Caregiver - Part Time/Full Time - Morton Grove, IL
Caregivers have a hands-on role in the caring and cleaning of the animal enclosures at Wright-Way Rescue. Sanitation, cleanliness, and the ability to handle a physically demanding job are a key factor in this position. We are looking for workers with flexible scheduling.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the animal enclosures
- Providing food, water, clean bedding and litter boxes to canines and felines
- Giving medications as needed
- Ensuring sanitation protocols are being followed to maintain the health and wellness of the animals
- Following the guidelines taught during training regarding safe animal interaction
- Providing excellent customer service for potential adopters
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while performing work
- Ability to handle physically demanding situations
- Be able to handle various sizes of dogs and cats
- Be limited to a 20 minutes or less commute
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com