Seniors for Seniors
Wright-Way Rescue's Seniors for Seniors Adoption Program, which is open to residents of Illinois, was developed to help senior humans rediscover the joys of having a cat or dog in their lives.
Not only does the pet bring meaning to the senior's life, but by adopting an adult-senior cat or dog, you're giving a happily ever after to the adopting animal.
Within this program, dogs and cats aged 6 years and older are eligible to be matched with senior citizens who are 62 years of age or older.
Wright-Way Rescue's adoption counselors are happy to help you select a companion who fits into your lifestyle and housing situation, all while at a reduced adoption rate of $75 for dogs and $25 for cats.
Benefits of adopting
- Research tells us that companion animals, such as cats and dogs, can help improve our physical and mental health. By adopting and spending time with an animal friend, you can experience the benefits of lowered stress levels and blood pressure.
- Cats and dogs provide friendship for lonely individuals and they can open opportunities for interacting with others, which a person may miss if family is far away.
- The company of a beloved pet has been proven to reduce depression.
- The quiet and doting home of a senior citizen is the perfect match for an older animal looking for a new home.
- Senior animals are often gentler, calmer companionship, and often are already trained.